Tuesday, February 2, 2010

At home dermabrasion

While bargain hunting at Marshall's recently, I found a nifty little product that I was pretty excited to pick up to the tune of $12.99: Neutrogena Pure Glow Microdermabrasion.

The kit is basically all you need to give your skin a new glow at home. Here is what you get:






You also get 2 AA batteries to run your little scrubber thing. 

The foam pad that covers the machine is replaceable, as is the cream with aluminum oxide micro-crystals. 

The instructions basically tell you to wash your makeup off, dip the wand into the cream, and dot it on your skin on your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. You then use the wand to buff the cream around your skin (no more than 2 minutes in any place), and you get a choice of 2 speeds. When you're done, you wash the cream off with a warm water and moisturize with your favorite cream.

You repeat this process nightly for 7 days (every other day if you have sensitive skin). After that, you will continue to use the kit 1 to 3 times weekly.

I've been using it for about 3 days now, and I notice a difference in how my makeup goes on and how my skin looks. I feel like my moisturizer is more effective now, and I don't have any irritation from the system. I also feel like my skin is more "glowy" than normal. I will post a picture once I'm done with my 7 days.

I noticed on Makeup Alley there are a couple swaps available for this product if you can't find it in stores or online!








No comments:

Post a Comment