Saturday, February 13, 2010

A day in my life and upcoming posts

I have been crazy busy lately. It has been a struggle to get things accomplished at home and do my articles and post here. I've slacked big time on all three.  Here is a little day in my life:

6:20 a.m. - Wake up sluggishly after going to bed at 11+ p.m. Stumble blindly into the bathroom clutching the portable heater from our bedroom. It is 30 degrees here, and we haven't turned on our gas heat yet. That stuff isn't cheap!

6:30 a.m. - Took my shower last night, so I break out the flat iron. Attempt to smooth bed head while shivering in my jammies.

6:45 a.m. - Put on the exact same makeup as day before: Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion, Clinique concealer, MAC studio fix powder, L.A. Colors duo blush in blushing pink/mauve (It was $1, but it is GORGEOUS!), brown eyeshadow quad plus ice white shimmer for inner corner, Rimmel Volume The Max mascara, and MAC blankety lipstick.

7:00 a.m. - Throw clothes on in mad dash.

7:15 a.m. - Drive 30 to 45 minutes to work.

8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Answer the phone, do paperwork, laugh with hilarious coworkers, work on new project for company, etc etc. Almost non-stop action until closing time, when I turn off my lights, lock up my area, shut down my computer, and clock out.

After that, I drive the 30 to 45 minutes home again and stare blankly at the fridge. Thankfully, my considerate hubby, who gets off an hour before me, usually has a plan. Bless him.

Anyway, I basically LOVE my new job. My title is Human Resources Representative/Receptionist, and I'm working on a new project for all four of our plants, which I am super stoked about. Everyone is exceptionally nice, and I can't think of one thing about what I'm doing that I hate.

Here is what is coming up:
1. B-day/V-day/D-day Haul
2. Review of Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Thinking of Blue
3. Swatches of Clinique creme eyeshadow in Rock Violet and Different Lipstick in A Different Grape.

I LOVE you all! Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. So... sounds like a pretty big day to me! I miss our class tons, too! Working on the nursery this week. And every week. From now til July...

    ReplyDelete