Monday, March 1, 2010

Okay. So I'm a bad blogger (And a few favorite products!)

I know. I promised some posts, and I went AWOL. I have no excuses....Other than:

1. I'm working on a few big projects at work. I'm in charge of fundraising for Relay for Life for our plant, and I'm also the new publicity chair for the county's Relay for Life.
2. I'm going to Colorado for training in relation to one of my big projects. I'm doing some work for all four plants, and I have to learn a new software, which is based out of Colorado...What a hardship, right?
3. I'm having some medical problems. Nothing to worry about, I hope, but I'm going to a neurologist in April. I'm taking a medicine for nerve pain in my skin, and it makes me really loopy.

But here is some new info about products I'm OBSESSED with right now:

1. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (?) in Thinking of Blue. I may have the name wrong, but this shade is the perfect cream navy blue. The formulation is amazing. Go directly to Walmart, do not pass go. Buy this stuff! It is a top, base, and it has a hardener in it as well, I believe. I use two coats, and they last for days!

2. Tresemme Brunette/Red head shampoo (Brown bottle)- I'm not usually one to rave about shampoos, but this product is perfect. It really removes nasty color-changing deposits from my reddish/brown hair, and it leaves it shiny and soft. It also has a very nice scent as well.

3. Bath & Body Works HandiBac Anti-Bacterial Hand Lotion in Fresh Lemon - I hate lotions. No seriously. I only have three types of hand lotion I'll even consider using, and this is now one of my most favorites. It has surpassed Mary Kay Satin Hands for me!

4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Whisper - This is the prettiest baby pink gloss ever. Yes, it is kind of sticky, but it is well worth it. It is glittery, but it isn't chunky. Just try it out! I fell in love with this shade, and I went back for the peach as well. They are my staples now.

Also, I'm on day 1 of my Revlon Color Stay Foundation, so I'll keep you posted on that. Does anyone have application tips? I don't use liquid foundation much, so I'm a little out of practice.

Again, I'm sorry I've been all MIA. I have missed the blogging community, and I hope to get back in the swing of things soon. Anybody living in Colorado want to come save me from the big bad airport? :-/

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Laura! So happy you're back! I am sorry to hear that you're having some health concerns at the moment. I'm sure you will be fine though... Please keep us posted. And congrats on the job success. It wasn't too long ago that you were interviewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the Revlon Colorstay, my favorite (and easiest) way to apply is with a damp sponge. I found that the product dried too quickly any other way, which left dreadful streaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a sponge to apply liquid. Let me know how Revlon works out. I'm using a Rimmel (abandoned Clinique due to a stinkin' hole in my budget) liquid foundation that claims to last 16 hours. It's more like 9, but that's not bad for me! LOVE it that you've got my button on your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete