Sunday, February 7, 2010

Extensions: Cheating is fun.

So, as you know, my hair is only about shoulder length. I've always wanted nice long hair, and before my wedding, I decided to buy some. Those that can't grow, buy! ;)

I purchased a set of the Remy human extensions at Sally's in August, and I've loved them ever since. They were fairly expensive at $80, but I got a nice discount from the Sally's because of my wedding. They were very sweet! Here is a picture of me wearing them lightly curled:



It gives you kind of an idea of what I look like with the longer hair. The color is a bit off, since I've lightened and dyed my hair red since I purchased these. I don't really have any shots of me with a good view of them. I'll work on that!

Here are a few facts about human hair extensions: 

1. You can straighten, curl, or otherwise heat style them. Just like your own hair though, you don't want to be too harsh on them.

2. You can dye them. Just treat them like your own hair. Be gentle when applying the dye and condition afterwards.

3. You should wash them every so often if you're using hairspray or other styling products on them.

4. If you want the extensions to look more natural, either cut them yourself or take them to a styling and have her cut them with your own hair.

5. You don't just need extensions for length. They are great for volume too! If you want more volume, place them closer to the top of your head, leaving enough hair to cover the weft.

Hope these little tips/facts were useful to you! I love mine, and I'm so glad I got them.




No comments:

Post a Comment