Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: Burberry Body

 

I've always been a fan of Burberry fragrances. My signature scent throughout high school and college was the original Burberry fragrance, and I really haven't encountered one of their perfumes that I DIDN'T like.

That said, this weekend, for my birthday, we picked up the small bottle of the 2011 Burberry release, Burberry Body. I must say, despite all of the tepid to scathing reviews, I'm quite enamoured of this fragrance.

I'm notoriously bad at picking out the subtleties of a perfume, but when I smell this gem, I think clean florals. I can also detect a little fruitiness. On the dry down, it comes across as warm and inviting.

Here's what Fragrantica (an amazing resource for perfume hoarders like me) has to say:

Body Burberry is a luxury chypre - fruity composition that begins with notes of fresh green absinthe, peach and freesia. Roses and iris are in the heart, leaning on the base of sandalwood, cashmerean, musk, amber and vanilla.

I can easily see this becoming my new signature. And it doesn't hurt that I'm obsessed with the packaging.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment